Saturday, March 13, 2010

discipline... kilo evalo??

I see that we have a lot to do with discipline in life...

Lane discipline while driving...

Queue discipline while you wait for billing.. or to get your turn in bank or anywhere for that matter.

Time discipline - to follow on time and keeping up to the schedule... and respecting other's time.

lot of other discipline too... which are not officially written on paper or said by people.. but everyone follow some discipline... but the above ones are like common ones that we come across almost daily...

I was waiting in queue to get my items billed at Nilgiris grocery store... it wasn't a perfect queue... but everyone was waiting for their turn and its upto the person to follow this discipline.. and respect other's who are waiting there.... I saw a girl rushing ahead and went on billing.. and she did not care for anyone... she went off.. I thought... ok she might be busy... after that nilgiris event.. on my way home I had to wait on a queue again in the SBI ATM to withdraw money.... only 3 were waiting including me... one lady came on rushing... got down from a car... and went ahead of me and she was pushing to go before me.. I politely said.. mam can you please follow the queue? she said... I am busy... and I have my car waiting on the road... I said.. mam everyone is busy on their own work... and there are not too many person waiting... so please follow the queue... or if you have situation which can't let you wait.. then you can request people here and go ahead.. but this is not the way you can go.... she got angry and said... I am not here to fight.. if you want you go ahead... I said thank you... I am not here to fight too... I am just asking you to follow a discipline... I might have looked like an idiot to her to question... yes I am idiot to question someone who is not following the queue discipline when others kept mum... yes I am an idiot to talk to someone who is dumb and don't have respect for other's time.....

I will stay as an idiot rather than being a spineless to question those who don't follow the discipline...

I will stay as an idiot among those who are stupids... losers...

So its like... those who are not following any written rules.. or unwritten disciplines to themselves... questioning us like.. what is discipline and how much is it for a kilo?? :-p

while writing this blog.. I thought if I am just writing my frustrations as a post :-D yes may be.. I am venting out may be... if that helps.. I will keep doing it :)))))

6 comments:

Murali said...

Hehehehe... dude you came back to India an year back? ;)

Once in PVR I had similar fight, as I was protesting for a guy who wanted to get in front of the queue, as his movie is about to start in 5 minutes. I told him, I am standing to get the ticket for a movie which has already started 5 minutes. Still he said he don't want to miss it. Thatz when I lost my politeness and more people joined me and finally he has to go back. What if nobody joins me and the counter person give him the ticket, obviously I might look like an idiot as you said :-D.

Another co passenger in PVR (we were traveling in that queue right? ;) ) gave an interesting theory. Its all somewhat linked to demand/supply. Take train, does anyone follow a queue while getting into the train? Coz they need to find seats before someone else could find it :). It is much worser in Mumbai as demand is much worser than supply. Same with any kind of seats in developing countries (from train to school to parliment).

There are places where people queue up before even the event starts up. Means theres some scarcity in the supply. There will always be a person who will try to find a shortcut to get in. Have you ever seen a big shot coming in a queue? In lot of places they bypass. In one way there is not much difference between this lady in ATM and that VIP (she is doing physically here, some people use shortcut to skip the queue process itself). Just that VIP would shell out some money to get that unannounced service.

Have you been to Wallmart on a labour day sale? You would see the same problem there early in the morning, where there is a sale of 1800$ LCD TV for 600$.

Take most of the management in IT industry. They might take some decision which will affect many of the engineers, but will fetch them promotion or whatever. Still they would take it, to see how many are actually protesting. If people are not protesting (may be they are afraid or for whatever reason), then he will just implement it. If there are too much of protest or attrition, then he would think about stop implementing the same. Also if attrition is manageable, he is still going to do it ;) He will stop, if he/his goal gets affected.

Kallu pottu pakradhu ;) More or less this is seen everywhere :-D

Do you remember while we were waiting for the stream of vehicles to stop while crossing a junction in Pondy? Got the answer that, dude you should start pushing in your car, or else we are never going to cross the road :-D We won't be able to educate everyone, coz there will be always a person who tries to break the rule. It will be reduced when we have more roads/trains/seats/supply.

It happens once in a while in developed countries, and it is part of life in developing countries. There will be always a person who wants to try a shortcut giving some reason he/she could think off, we should keep on protesting :-D.

Nep.. I am blaming you for my post. Have you ever seen me this serious? You invoked this thought process... You owe me a big treat for this... ;)

bgood said...

hahaha... aamam machi.. this post has irked or motivated you write so much :-D

see.. I can't take the example of demand/supply thingy here... yes we see that happening in US too during the sale... but when only there is few people waiting on the queue... you can request if its a life threatening situation or something... but people have do decency to wait for others or ask others and go...

anyways.. good that you write so much :) sure we will have the treat when you come to pondy next time :-D happa.. ippodhaiku treat kuduka thevalai :)))))

Murali said...

What I am trying to say is, many are in that mindset and they are applying it everywhere else. They will be like this among their relatives at home also.

By 2030 we will be a developed nation and we will check the same ATM (Vijayakanth padam eduthaa ippadi thaan solvaaru :-D).

Thambi.. Pondy enna pakistanlaya irukku? April/May-la varaen... Treat-na ennanu ungalukku puriya vaikiraen.

padfOOt said...

I see that you're using this place to vent out my frustrations too! :) Everyday, you write up something that is running in my head too! As I keep saying saying daily, "We are complete misfits and we literally are the 3 idiots". We shall be the same ever! I can't reply here. It's gonna be another post like your mate Murali's. :) So I will put up a post here which will serve both the needs!

bgood said...

@murali: giving treat won't be a problem at all dude... adhuvum when you come as family...surely you will prefer having food at home :-D maybe we will go out for ice-creams :)))) and why I asked you to come to pondy... 'coz you said you bot like to come... so you are welcome... senti'ya puzhinja madhiri illa iruku :-D

@anand: I saw your big posting in your blog and replied it too.

Murali said...

home prawns/mutton is always great for main course. But naanga ellam starters/dessert-ah full meals madhiri saapidravangaa.... Wait and see...