Tuesday, February 16, 2010

does questioning needs authority

Hmm.... couple of instances today at the college.

Scene1: Security asking me to wear the ID card around the neck (does it not look like a license on the dogs neck ;)

I was wearing the ID card as usual on my pant pockets which is clearly visible to anyone.. for the security too... his question was "why can't you wear it around the neck?" I said I am not hiding anything and I am feeling more comfortable wearing it this way... and then the words exchange started... "you are for the government.. and government is not for you" for which I promptly replied... people make the government and the government is for the people... I asked him again if his problem was me not having the ID or not having the ID around me neck... then he stopped somehow and said I can't win talking to you ;). I don't feel this as a victory or something... but before questioning they should know the purpose of ID and students are not someone who has to follow whatever these guys demand...

Scene2: Me and Anand questioning some B.Tech girls about putting the garbage on the dustbins and keeping the college clean...

First response I got was... Does college appoint you to question you like this?? why that question in first place.... don't you feel responsible for what you do? does anyone tell you at home not to put the garbage in the middle of the hall??? I asked again "is this not your college?" cooly one girl replied... no this is not my college.. then why the hell do you come and make my college dirty....

people... please realize yourself that public place is just like your home... and please carry on the same responsibilities which you follow at home to keep it clean....

all these sayings are like "shouting at deaf people"... I will keep shouting or make it in writing or make pictures.. and find new ways to make you people realize what you have been doing to your surroundings....

"prevention is better than cure... or rather prevention is the only cure.." not just for AIDS but for polluting our nature too...

5 comments:

padfOOt said...

Aah! Again! I created a blog just now to tell the world about this encounter of ours and shocked to see, you have already done it! :)

Adaikkammai said...

Its just like "shouting at deaf people"... They never mind to care about the future. For them... future is just "Money"....

bgood said...

@anand: I am getting more active nowdays :-D

@adaikkammai: yes.. everyone future is money and with money they can buy whatever they want... but they hardly realize that when every resource is depleted nothing will be left to buy.

Murali said...

r those B.Tech gals good?

Sarkunadevi said...

Napolean!

I am very much shocked of the Scene1 in college, not in the way that the Security staff has behaved. But of shocked of your behaviour.

Everywhere, every time you all are following the discipline that you expect. But why can’t you follow that in case of wearing the ID Card? This is where you are making mistake. And this is the case with other people in other situations. Don’t think that I am pointing out your mistake. I am expecting you to keep up the discipline in all the cases. When some practices are felt as uncomfortable by you, then why can’t others have uncomforting in other situations? This is the way how we lost our discipline or we can’t follow our expected discipline, I feel. This doesn’t mean that I am against your thoughts or expectations. I am very much admired by you guys in taking steps to make our nation an organized one. And I too want to play a major part in that.

Do you know one thing? We girls use to question ourselves, “Why these guys are not wearing their ID Card?” after so many days only we found that you all wearing the ID Cards at your pocket.

You say that wearing the ID card at your pocket is seen easily by the people, but it is not seen that much easily as you were wearing around your neck. Because I believe that everyone use to see the face of a person than anywhere else.

And these security staffs duty is to avoid outsiders to intrude into our campus. And I accept, their way of treatment or communication or whatsoever may not be decent, but they have to do their duty right? So please follow the ID card discipline that we follow at our college.